#1 I not sure if I got you point, as I known, Xmx is not turn into physical
memory as soon as the process running. it first loaded into virtual memory, if
you heap is need more, it will gradually increase in physical memory until to
the max heap.
#2 Physical memory contains not only heap, but also stack, direct memory,
shared lib, and perm space, and also there have VSS, RSS, PSS, USS concept, you
can google.
simple says:Vss = virtual set sizeRss = resident set sizePss = proportional set
size Uss = unique set size
Best Regards,Andy Hu(胡 珊)