Is it the large result set return from the Thrift Server? And can you paste the
SQL and physical plan?

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhih...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:01 PM
To: Sourav Mazumder
Cc: user
Subject: Re: Spark SQL with Thrift Server is very very slow and finally failing

Which Spark release are you using ?

Can you pastebin the stack trace w.r.t. ExecutorLostFailure ?

Thanks

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Sourav Mazumder
<sourav.mazumde...@gmail.com<mailto:sourav.mazumde...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to run a SQL form a JDBC driver using Spark's Thrift Server.
I'm doing a join between a Hive Table of size around 100 GB and another Hive
Table with 10 KB, with a filter on a particular column
The query takes more than 45 minutes and then I get ExecutorLostFailure. That
is because of memory as once I increase the memory the failure happens but
after a long time.
I'm having executor memory 20 GB, Spark DRiver Memory 2 GB, Executor Instances
2 and Executor Core 2.
Running the job using Yarn with master as 'yarn-client'.
Any idea if I'm missing any other configuration ?
Regards,
Sourav