The new RPC interface is an internal module and added in 1.4. It should not
exist in 1.3. Where did you find it?

For the communication between driver, worker and master, it still uses
Akka. There are a pending PR to update them:
https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/5392 Do you mean the communication
between driver and executors? Because this is an ongoing work, there is no
blog now. But you can find more details in this umbrella JIRA:

Best Regards,
Shixiong Zhu