hey guys
After day one at the spark-summit SFO, I realized sadly that (indeed) HDFS is
not supported by Databricks cloud.My speed bottleneck is to transfer ~1TB of
snapshot HDFS data (250+ external hive tables) to S3 :-(
I want to use databricks cloud but this to me is a starting disabler.The hard
road for me will be (as I believe EVERYTHING is possible. The impossible just
takes longer) - transfer all HDFS to S3- our org does not permit AWS server
side encryption so I have figure out if AWS KMS encrypted S3 files can be read
by Hive/Impala/Spark  - modify all table locations in metadata to S3- modify
all scripts to point and write to S3 instead of
Any ideas / thoughts will be helpful.
Till I can get the above figured out , I am going ahead and working hard to
make spark-sql as the main workhorse for creating dataset (now its Hive and
Impala)

thanksregards
sanjay