I have a similar scenario where we need to bring data from kinesis to
hbase. Data volecity is 20k per 10 mins. Little manipulation of data will
be required but that's regardless of the tool so we will be writing that
piece in Java pojo.

All env is on aws. Hbase is on a long running EMR and kinesis on a separate
cluster.

TIA.
Best
Ayan