Sorry Du,

Repartition means coalesce(shuffle = true) as per [1]. They are the same
operation. Coalescing with shuffle = false means you are specifying the max
amount of partitions after the coalesce (if there are less partitions you
will end up with the lesser amount.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDD.scala#L341