The RDD API is pretty complex and we are not yet sure we want to export all
those methods in the SparkR API. We are working towards exposing a more
limited API in upcoming versions. You can find some more details in the
recent Spark Summit talk at
https://spark-summit.org/2015/events/sparkr-the-past-the-present-and-the-future/

Thanks
Shivaram