if you are joining successive lines together based on a predicate, then you
are doing a "flatMap" not an "aggregate". you are on the right track with a
multi-pass solution. i had the same challenge when i needed a sliding
window over an RDD(see below).

[ i had suggested that the sliding window API be moved to spark-core. not
sure if that happened ]

http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.4.0/api/scala/index.html#org.apache.spark.mllib.rdd.RDDFunctions