Hi,

I'd like to specify the total sum of cores / memory as command line arguments with spark-submit. That is, I'd like to set yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb and the yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores parameters as described in this blog <http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/03/how-to-tune-your-apache-spark-jobs-part-2/> post.

when submitting through the command line, what is the correct way to do it? Is it:

--conf spark.yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb=54g
--conf spark.yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores=31

or

--conf yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb=54g
--conf yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores=31

or something else? I tried these, and I tried looking in the ResourceManager UI to see if they were set, but couldn't find them.

Thanks!

Alexander