AFAIK, it is guranteed that batch t+1 will not start processing until batch
t is done.

ordeing within batch - what do you mean by that? In essence, the (mini)
batch will get distributed in partitions like a normal RDD, so following
rdd.zipWithIndex should give a wy to order them by the time they are
received.

--
Best Regards,
Ayan Guha