Hello all,
In my lab a colleague installed and configured spark 1.3.0 on a 4 noded
cluster on CDH5.4 environment. The default port number for our spark
configuration is 7456. I have been trying to SSH to spark-master from using
this port number but it fails every time giving error JVM is timed out.
After reading the documentation , given by  Cloudera
<http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/documentation/core/latest/topics/cdh_ig_ports_cdh5.html>

it says that the default port number for spark configuration should be 7077
and that is what i see in all the posts here and elsewhere on search results
in Google. So now I have three question please if anyone can help me answer
all or any of them Q1) Will the spark configuration work only with port
number 7077? If yes, then how can I change the port number? Q2) Do i need to
install spark on all the machines in the cluster? Q3) Do run any spark job
do I always have to SSH into the spark-master machine ? or is it possible to
connect my laptop to the spark-master and invoke commands from my laptop to
spark-master and worker machines?
Thank you for your time.
Ashish