From: David Mitchell [mailto:jdavidmitch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2015 7:10 AM
To: Roman Sokolov
Cc: Mohammed Guller; user; Ravisankar Mani
Subject: Re: Spark performance

You can certainly query over 4 TB of data with Spark.  However, you will get an
answer in minutes or hours, not in milliseconds or seconds.  OLTP databases are
used for web applications, and typically return responses in milliseconds.
Analytic databases tend to operate on large data sets, and return responses in
seconds, minutes or hours.  When running batch jobs over large data sets, Spark
can be a replacement for analytic databases like Greenplum or Netezza.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Roman Sokolov