Hi,

Background: The spark shell will get out of memory error after dealing lots
of spark work.

Is there any method which can reset the spark shell to the startup status?
I tried "*:reset*", but it seems not working: i can not create spark
context anymore (some compile error as below) after the "*:reset*". (I have
to restart the shell after OOM to workaround)

== Expanded type of tree ==
TypeRef(TypeSymbol(class $read extends Serializable))
uncaught exception during compilation: java.lang.AssertionError
java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed: Tried to find '$line16' in
'C:\Users\jhu\AppData\Local\Temp\spark-2ad09490-c0c6-41e2-addb-63087ce0ae63'
but it is not a directory
That entry seems to have slain the compiler.  Shall I replayyour session? I
can re-run each line except the last one.[y/n]
Abandoning crashed session.

Thanks!
-Terry