the reason that redirect is there is for security reasons; in a kerberos
enabled cluster the RM proxy does the authentication, then forwards the
requests to the running application. There's no obvious way to disable it in
the spark application master, and I wouldn't recommend doing this anyway, as it
only gets you into a situation where your code works until you flip the
security bit on.

The Spark Web UI installs a new filter, (AmIpFilter), which 302's all HTTP
requests coming in from anywhere other than the host running the RM Proxy.

1. if you make requests from that host (curl, browser, whatever), then they go
through without the redirect.
2. If you don't have an RM proxy (why not?) then you can configure the spark AM
to treat your client IP address as the proxy -and again, no redirect.

YARN-2031 covers the ongoing work to have that proxy/IP filter handle REST API
properly. Currently it only handles GET operations & assumes a human visiting
the application in a web browser