Any help in best recommendation for gracefully shutting down a spark stream
application ?
I am running it on yarn and a way to tell from externally either yarn
application -kill command or some other way but need current batch to be
processed completely and checkpoint to be saved before shutting down.

Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook does not seem to be working. Yarn
kills the application immediately and dooes not call shutdown hook call
back .