Hi Saif,

Would this work?

import scala.collection.JavaConversions._

new java.math.BigDecimal(5) match { case x: java.math.BigDecimal =>
x.doubleValue }

It gives me on the scala console.

res9: Double = 5.0

Assuming you had a stream of BigDecimals, you could just call map on it.

myBigDecimals.map(_.doubleValue)

to get your Seq of Doubles. You will need the JavaConversions._ import to
allow Java Doubles to be treated by Scala as Scala Doubles.

-sujit