Thank you Tathagata for your response.  Yes, I'm using push model on Spark
1.2. For my scenario I do prefer the push model. Is this the case on the
later version 1.4 too?

I think I can find a workaround for this issue but only if I know how to
obtain the worker(executor) ID. I can get the detail of the driver like
this:

*ss.ssc().env().blockManager().blockManagerId().host()*

*But not sure how I could the executor Id from the driver.*

*When the job is submitted, I can see that blockmanager being registered
with the Driver and Executor IP address:*

*15/08/18 23:31:40 INFO YarnClientSchedulerBackend: Registered executor:
Actor[akka.tcp://sparkExecutor@05151113997207:41630/user/Executor#1210147506]
with ID 115/08/18 23:31:40 INFO RackResolver: Resolved 05151113997207 to
/0513_R-0050/RJ0515/08/18 23:31:41 INFO BlockManagerMasterActor:
Registering block manager 05151113997207:56921 with 530.3 MB RAM,
BlockManagerId(1, 05151113997207, 56921)The BlockManagerMasterActor appears
to be doing the registering. Is there anyway I can access this from the
SparkContext?Thanks.*