You could also rename them with names
Unfortunately the API doesn't show the example of that
https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/api/R/index.html

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:43 PM -0700, "Sun, Rui" <rui....@intel.com> wrote:
Hi,

You can create a DataFrame using load.df() with a specified schema.

Something like:
schema <- structType(structField(“a”, “string”), structField(“b”, integer), …)
read.df ( …, schema = schema)

From: Franc Carter [mailto:franc.car...@rozettatech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:48 PM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: SparkR csv without headers

Hi,

Does anyone have an example of how to create a DataFrame in SparkR  which
specifies the column names - the csv files I have do not have column names in
the first row. I can get read a csv nicely with
com.databricks:spark-csv_2.10:1.0.3, but I end up with column names C1, C2, C3
etc

thanks

--

Franc Carter     I      Systems Architect    I     RoZetta Technology

L4. 55 Harrington Street,  THE ROCKS,  NSW, 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW, 1215, AUSTRALIA

T  +61 2 8355 2515<tel:%2B61%202%208355%202515>     I
www.rozettatechnology.com<http://www.rozettatechnology.com/>

[cid:image002.jpg@01D02903.0B41B280]

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email, inclusive of attachments, may be legally

privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly
prohibited.