Last time I checked, Camus doesn't support storing data as parquet, which
is a deal breaker for me. Otherwise it works well for my Kafka topics with
low data volume.

I am currently using spark streaming to ingest data, generate semi-realtime
stats and publish to a dashboard, and dump full dataset into hdfs in
parquet at a longer interval. One problem is that storing parquet is
sometimes time consuming, and that cause delay of my regular
stats-generating tasks. I am thinking of splitting my streaming job into
two, one for parquet output and one for stats generation, but obviously
this would consume data from Kafka twice.

-Simon