I am using the steps from  this article
<https://aws.amazon.com/articles/Elastic-MapReduce/4926593393724923>   to
get spark up and running on EMR through yarn. Once up and running I ssh in
and cd to the spark bin and run spark-shell --master yarn. Once this spins
up I can see that the UI is started at the internal ip of 4040. If I hit the
public dns at 4040 with dynamic port tunneling and foxyproxy then I get a
crude UI (css seems broken), however the proxy continuously redirects me to
the main page, so I cannot drill into anything. So, I tried static
tunneling, but can't seem to get through.

So, how can I access the spark UI when running a spark shell in AWS yarn?