Hi all,

I have SomeClass[TYPE] { def some_method(args: fixed_type_args): TYPE }

And on runtime, I create instances of this class with different AnyVal + String
types, but the return type of some_method varies.

I know I could do this with an implicit object, IF some_method received a type,
but in this case, I need to have the TYPE defined on its class instance, so for
example:

val int_instance = new SomeClass[Int]
val str_instance = new SomeClass[String]
val result: Boolean = int_instance.some_method(args) > 0       <--- I expected
INT here
val result2: Boolean = str_instance.som_method(args) contains "asdfg"     <----
I expected STRING here.

without compilation errors.

Any ideas? I would like to implement something like this:

class SomeClass[TYPE] {

def some_method(args: Int): Int = {
process_integer_overloaded_method
}

def some_method(args: Int): String = {
process_string_overloaded_method
}

and so on.

Any ideas? maybe store classe's TYPE in a constructor instead as a variable
somehow?

Thanks
Saif