Hi,

I am having issues with /tmp space filling up during Spark jobs because
Spark-on-YARN uses the yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs for shuffle space. I noticed
this message appears when submitting Spark-on-YARN jobs:

WARN SparkConf: In Spark 1.0 and later spark.local.dir will be overridden by
the value set by the cluster manager (via SPARK_LOCAL_DIRS in mesos/standalone
and LOCAL_DIRS in YARN).

I can’t find much documentation on where to set the LOCAL_DIRS property. Please
can someone advise whether this is a yarn-env.sh or a spark-env.sh property and
whether it would then use the directory specified by this env variable as a
shuffle area instead of the default yarn.nodemanager.local-dirs location?

Thanks,
Mike

This e-mail (including any attachments) is private and confidential, may
contain proprietary or privileged information and is intended for the named
recipient(s) only. Unintended recipients are strictly prohibited from taking
action on the basis of information in this e-mail and must contact the sender
immediately, delete this e-mail (and all attachments) and destroy any hard
copies. Nomura will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or
completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in, this
e-mail. If verification is sought please request a hard copy. Any reference to
the terms of executed transactions should be treated as preliminary only and
subject to formal written confirmation by Nomura. Nomura reserves the right to
retain, monitor and intercept e-mail communications through its networks
(subject to and in accordance with applicable laws). No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by Nomura by any mistransmission of this e-mail.
Any reference to "Nomura" is a reference to any entity in the Nomura Holdings,
Inc. group. Please read our Electronic Communications Legal Notice which forms
part of this e-mail: http://www.Nomura.com/email_disclaimer.htm