Hi I am using below Spark jars with Direct Stream API.
  spark-streaming-kafka_2.10

When I look at its pom.xml, Kafka libraries that its pulling in is
   <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
       <artifactId>kafka_${scala.binary.version}</artifactId>
       <version>0.8.2.1</version>

I believe this DirectStream API uses SimpleConsumer API. Can someone from
Spark community confirm too?

Thanks,
LCassa.