Hi I have a Spark dataframe which I want to save as hive table with
partitions. I tried the following two statements but they dont work I dont
see any ORC files in HDFS directory its empty. I can see baseTable is there
in Hive console but obviously its empty because of no files inside HDFS. The
following two lines saveAsTable() and insertInto()do not work.
registerDataFrameAsTable() method works but it creates in memory table and
causing OOM in my use case as I have thousands of hive partitions to
prcoess. Please guide I am new to Spark. Thanks in advance.

dataFrame.write().mode(SaveMode.Append).partitionBy("entity","date").format("orc").saveAsTable("baseTable");

dataFrame.write().mode(SaveMode.Append).format("orc").partitionBy("entity","date").insertInto("baseTable");

//the following works but creates in memory table and seems to be reason for
OOM in my case

hiveContext.registerDataFrameAsTable(dataFrame, "baseTable");