Hi,

I'm using spark streaming with kafka and I need to clear the offset and
re-compute all things. I deleted checkpoint directory in HDFS and reset
kafka offset with "kafka-run-class kafka.tools.ImportZkOffsets". I can
confirm the offset is set to 0 in kafka:

~ > kafka-run-class kafka.tools.ConsumerOffsetChecker --group
adhoc_data_spark --topic adhoc_data --zookeeper szq1.appadhoc.com:2181
Group           Topic                          Pid Offset          logSize
        Lag             Owner
adhoc_data_spark adhoc_data                     0   0               5280743
        5280743         none

But when I restart spark streaming, the offset is reset to logSize, I
cannot figure out why is that, can anybody help? Thanks.