Hi, there,

I am using Spark 1.4.1. The protobuf 2.5 is included by Spark 1.4.1 by
default. However, I would like to use Protobuf 3 in my spark application so
that I can use some new features such as Map support.  Is there anyway to
do that?

Right now if I build a uber.jar with dependencies including protobuf 3
classes and pass to spark-shell through --jars option, during the
execution, I got the error *java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: unknownFields. *

Is there anyway to use a different version of Protobuf other than the
default one included in the Spark distribution? I guess I can generalize
and extend the question to any third party libraries. How to deal with
version conflict for any third party libraries included in the Spark
distribution?

Thanks!

Lan