      From: Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
 To: Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com>
Cc: Todd Nist <tsind...@gmail.com>; Otis Gospodnetić
<otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>; "user@spark.apache.org" <user@spark.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:53 PM
 Subject: Re: Replacing Esper with Spark Streaming?

obsolete is not the same as dead... we have a few very large tech companies to
prove that point

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Bertrand Dechoux <decho...@gmail.com> wrote:

The big question would be what feature of Esper your are using. Esper is a CEP
solution. I doubt that Spark Streaming can do everything Esper does without any
development. Spark (Streaming) is more a general-purpose platform.

http://www.espertech.com/products/esper.php

But I would be glad to be proven wrong (which also would implies EsperTech is
dead, which I also doubt...)

Bertrand