From: java8...@hotmail.com
To: tridib.sama...@live.com; user@spark.apache.org
Subject: RE: nested collection object query
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:42:11 -0400

Your employee in fact is an array of struct, not just struct.
If you are using HiveSQLContext, then you can refer it like following:
select id from member where employee[0].name = 'employee0'
The employee[0] is pointing to the 1st element of the array.
If you want to query all the elements in the array, then you have to use
"explode" in the Hive.
See Hive document for this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+UDF#LanguageManualUDF-explode
Yong