If you want to process the data locally, why do you need to use sc.parallelize?

Store the data in regular Scala collections and use their methods to
process them (they have pretty much the same set of methods as Spark
RDDs). Then when you're happy, finally use Spark to process the
pre-processed input data.

Or you can run Spark in "local" mode, in which case the executor(s)
run in the same VM as the master.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what it is you're trying to achieve here?

--
Marcelo