+1 Erwan..

May be a trivial solution like this -
class Result (msg: String, record: Record)

class Success (msgSuccess: String, val msg: String, val record: Record)
extends Result(msg, record)

class Failure (msgFailure: String, val msg: String, val record: Record)
extends Result (msg, record)

trait Warning {

}
class SuccessWithWarning(msgWaring: String, val msgSuccess:String,
override val msg: String, override val record: Record)
extends Success(msgSuccess, msg, record) with Warning

val record1 = new Record("k1", "val11", "val21")
val record2 = new Record("k2", "val12", "val22")
val record3 = new Record("k3", "val13", "val23")
val record4 = new Record("k4", "val14", "val24")
val records : List[Record] = List (record1, record2, record3, record4 )

def processRecord(record: Record) : Either[Result,Result] = {
//(record, new Result)
val result: Either[Result,Result] = {
if (record.key.equals("k1"))
Left(new Failure("failed", "result", record))
else
successHandler(record)
}
result
}

def successHandler (record: Record): Either[Result, Result] = {
val result: Either[Result, Result] = {
if (record.key.equals("k2"))
Left(new Success("success", "result", record))
else Right(new SuccessWithWarning("warning", "success", "result", record))
}
result
}

for(record <- records) {