Are you by any chance looking for reduceByKey? IF you’re trying to collapse all
the values in V into an aggregate, that’s what you should be looking at.

-adrian

From: Ted Yu
Date: Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:16 PM
To: Shepherd
Cc: user
Subject: Re: How to calculate row by now and output retults in Spark

Under core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark , you will find a lot of examples
for map function.

FYI

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Shepherd
<cheng...@huawei.com<mailto:cheng...@huawei.com>> wrote:
Hi all, I am new in Spark and Scala. I have a question in doing calculation. I
am using "groupBy" to generate key value pair, and the value points to a subset
of original RDD. The RDD has four columns, and each subset RDD may have
different number of rows. For example, the original code like this:" val b =
a.gorupBy(_._2) val res = b.map{case (k, v) => v.map(func)} " Here, I don't
know how to write the func. I have to run each row in v, and calculate
statistic result. How can I do that? And, how can I write function in Map?
Thanks a lot.