Every week or so someone emails the list asking to unsubscribe.

Of course, that's not the right way to do it. You're supposed to email
a different
address <http://spark.apache.org/community.html> than this one to
unsubscribe, yet this is not in-your-face obvious, so many people miss it.
And someone steps up almost every time to point people in the right
direction.

The vast majority of mailing lists I'm familiar with include a small footer
at the bottom of each email with a link to unsubscribe. I think this is
what most people expect, and it's where they check first.

Can we add a footer like that?

I think it would cut down on the weekly emails from people wanting to
unsubscribe, and it would match existing mailing list conventions elsewhere.

Nick