Hi Marcelo,

I tried setting the properties before instantiating spark context via
SparkConf. It works fine.
Originally, the code I have read hadoop configurations from hdfs-site.xml
which works perfectly fine as well.
Therefore, can I conclude that sparkContext.hadoopConfiguration.set("key",
"value") does not propagate through all SQL jobs within the same
SparkContext? I haven't try with Spark Core so I cannot tell.

Is there a workaround given it seems to be broken? I need to do this
programmatically after the SparkContext is instantiated not before...

Best Regards,

Jerry