You can use the .saveAsObjectFiles("hdfs://sigmoid/twitter/status/") since
you want to store the Status object and for every batch it will create a
directory under /status (name will mostly be the timestamp), since the data
is small (hardly couple of MBs for 1 sec interval) it will not overwhelm
the cluster.

Thanks
Best Regards