Hello,

I am facing an issue where I cannot run my Spark job in a cluster
environment (standalone or EMR) but it works successfully if I run it
locally using local[*] as master.

I am getting ClassNotFoundException: com.mycompany.folder.MyObject on the
slave executors. I don't really understand why this is happening since I
have uncompressed the Jarfile to make sure that the class is present inside
(both .java and .class) and all the rest of the classes are being loaded
fine.

Also, I would like to mention something weird that might be related but not
sure. There are two packages inside my jarfile that are called the same but
with different casing:

- com.mycompany.folder.MyObject
- com.myCompany.something.Else

Could that be the reason?

Also, I have tried adding my jarfiles in all the ways I could find
(sparkConf.setJars(...), sparkContext.addJar(...), spark-submit opt --jars,
...) but none of the actually worked.

I am using Apache Spark 1.5.0, Java 7, sbt 0.13.7, scala 2.10.5.

Thanks a lot,