Hi Jeff,

This is only part of the actual code.

My questions are mentioned in comments near the code.

SALES<- SparkR::sql(hiveContext, "select * from sales")
PRICING<- SparkR::sql(hiveContext, "select * from pricing")

## renaming of columns ##
#sales file#

# Is this right ??? Do we have to create a new DF for every column Addition
to the original DF.

# And if we do that , then what about the older DF , they will also take
memory ?

names(SALES)[which(names(SALES)=="div_no")]<-"DIV_NO"
names(SALES)[which(names(SALES)=="store_no")]<-"STORE_NO"

#pricing file#
names(PRICING)[which(names(PRICING)=="price_type_cd")]<-"PRICE_TYPE"
names(PRICING)[which(names(PRICING)=="price_amt")]<-"PRICE_AMT"

registerTempTable(SALES,"sales")
registerTempTable(PRICING,"pricing")

#merging sales and pricing file#
merg_sales_pricing<- SparkR::sql(hiveContext,"select .....................")

head(merg_sales_pricing)

​Thanks,
Vipul​