No, silently restarting from the earliest offset in the case of offset out
of range exceptions during a streaming job is not the "correct way of
recovery".

If you do that, your users will be losing data without knowing why.  It's
more like  a "way of ignoring the problem without actually addressing it".

The only really correct way to deal with that situation is to recognize why
it's happening, and either increase your Kafka retention or increase the
speed at which you are consuming.