On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <m...@peridale.co.uk> wrote:

> hduser@rhes564::/usr/lib/spark/logs> hive --version
> SLF4J: Found binding in
> [jar:file:/usr/lib/spark/lib/spark-assembly-1.3.0-hadoop2.4.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

As I suggested before, you have Spark's assembly in the Hive
classpath. That's not the way to configure hive-on-spark; if the
documentation you're following tells you to do that, it's wrong.

(And sorry Ted, but please ignore Ted's suggestion. Hive-on-Spark
should work fine with Spark 1.3 if it's configured correctly. You
really don't want to be overriding Hive classes with the ones shipped
in the Spark assembly, regardless of the version of Spark being used.)

--
Marcelo