One quick newbie question since I got another chance to look at this
today.  We're using java for our spark applications.  The createDirectStream
we were using previously [1] returns a JavaPairInputDStream, but the
createDirectStream with fromOffsets expects an argument recordClass to pass
into the generic constructor for createDirectStream.

In the code for the first function signature (without fromOffsets) it's
being constructed in Scala as just a tuple (K, V).   How do I pass this
same class/type information from java as the record class to get a
JavaPairInputDStream<K,
V>?

I understand this might be a question more fit for a scala mailing list but
google is failing me at the moment for hints on the interoperability of
scala and java generics.

[1] The original createDirectStream:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/branch-1.5/external/kafka/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/streaming/kafka/KafkaUtils.scala#L395-L423

Thanks,