I can't find a JIRA for this, though there are some related to the existing
MLlib implementation (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-10802 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-11968) - would be good to port
it over, and in the process also speed it up as per SPARK-11968, and
possibly add ability to recommend for a subset as per SPARK-10802. Perhaps
file a JIRA ticket for this issue, and link the other two?