Dear Spark experts!

I would like to know the best practices used for invoking spark jobs via
REST API.

We tried out the hidden REST API mentioned here:
http://arturmkrtchyan.com/apache-spark-hidden-rest-api

It works fine for spark standalone mode but does not seem to be working
when i specify
 "spark.master" : "YARN-CLUSTER" or "mesos://..."
did anyone encounter a similar problem?

Has anybody used:
https://github.com/spark-jobserver/spark-jobserver

If yes please share your experience. Does it work good with both Scala and
Java classes. I saw only scala example. Are there any known disadvantages
of using it?

Is there anything better available, which is used in Production environment?

Any advise is appreciated. We are using Spark 1.5.1.

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Sunil M.