For Spark data science project, Python might be a good choice. However, for
Spark streaming, Python API is still lagging. For example, for Kafka no
receiver connector, according to the Spark 1.5.2 doc:  "Spark 1.4 added a
Python API, but it is not yet at full feature parity”.

Java does not have REPL shell, which is a major drawback from my perspective.

Lan