Hi Kalpesh,

If you are using spark on yarn, it may not work. Because you write log to files
other than stdout/stderr, which yarn log aggregation may not work. As I
understand, yarn only aggregate log in stdout/stderr, and local cache will be
deleted (in configured timeframe).

To check it, at application run time, you can log into the container’s box, and
check the local cache of the container to find whether the log file exists or
not (after app terminate, these local cache files will be deleted as well).

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

On Dec 18, 2015, at 7:23 AM, Kalpesh Jadhav