Chris, we are using spark 1.3.0 version. we have not set
spark.streaming.concurrentJobs
this parameter. It takes the default value.

Vijay,

  From the tack trace it is evident that
org.apache.spark.util.collection.ExternalSorter$$anonfun$writePartitionedFile$1.apply$mcVI$sp(ExternalSorter.scala:730)
is throwing the exception. I opened the spark source code and visited the
line which is throwing this exception i.e

[image: Inline image 1]

The lie which is marked in red is throwing the exception. The file is
ExternalSorter.scala in org.apache.spark.util.collection package.

i went through the following blog
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/01/improving-sort-performance-in-apache-spark-its-a-double/
and understood that there is merge factor which decide the number of
on-disk files that could be merged. Is it some way related to this ?

Regards,
Padma CH