I see, I guess I should have set the historyServer.

Strangely enough peeking in the yarn seems like nothing is "happening", it list
a single application running with 0% progress but each node has 0 running
containers which confuses me to wether anything is actually happening

Should I restart the job with the spark.yarn.historyServer.address ?

[hadoop@sslabnode02 ~]$ yarn node -list
16/01/04 14:43:40 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at
sslabnode01/10.15.235.239:8032
16/01/04 14:43:40 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Total Nodes:3
         Node-Id             Node-State Node-Http-Address
Number-of-Running-Containers
sslabnode02:54142               RUNNING  sslabnode02:8042
           0
sslabnode01:60780               RUNNING  sslabnode01:8042
           0
sslabnode03:60569               RUNNING  sslabnode03:8042
           0
[hadoop@sslabnode02 ~]$ yarn application -list
16/01/04 14:43:55 INFO client.RMProxy: Connecting to ResourceManager at
sslabnode01/10.15.235.239:8032
16/01/04 14:43:55 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Total number of applications (application-types: [] and states: [SUBMITTED,
ACCEPTED, RUNNING]):1
                Application-Id      Application-Name        Application-Type
      User           Queue                   State             Final-State
       Progress                        Tracking-URL
application_1451947397662_0001      ClusterIncidents                   SPARK
    hadoop         default                ACCEPTED               UNDEFINED
             0%                                 N/A