yeah, the practical concern is that we have no control over java or python
version on large company clusters. our current reality for the vast
majority of them is java 7 and python 2.6, no matter how outdated that is.

i dont like it either, but i cannot change it.

we currently don't use pyspark so i have no stake in this, but if we did i
can assure you we would not upgrade to spark 2.x if python 2.6 was dropped.
no point in developing something that doesnt run for majority of customers.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Nicholas Chammas <nicholas.cham...@gmail.com