The other way to do it is to build a custom version of Spark where you have
changed the value of DEFAULT_SCHEDULING_MODE -- and if you were paying
close attention, I accidentally let it slip that that is what I've done.  I
previously wrote "schedulingMode = DEFAULT_SCHEDULING_MODE -- i.e.
SchedulingMode.FAIR", but that should actually be SchedulingMode.FIFO if
you haven't changed the code:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/scheduler/SchedulableBuilder.scala#L65