Thanks, Gene.

Does Spark use Tachyon under the covers anyway for implementing its
"cluster memory" support?

It seems that the practice I hear the most about is the idea of loading
resources as RDD's and then doing join's against them to achieve the lookup
effect.

The other approach would be to load the resources into broadcast variables
but I've heard concerns about memory.  Could we run out of memory if we
load too much into broadcast vars?  Is there any memory_to_disk/spill to
disk capability for broadcast variables in Spark?