There is a 1-to-1 relationship between Spark Applications and SparkContexts
-- fundamentally, a Spark Applications is a program that creates and uses a
SparkContext, and that SparkContext is destroyed when then Application
ends.  A jobserver generically and the Spark JobServer specifically is an
Application that keeps a SparkContext open for a long time and allows many
Jobs to be be submitted and run using that shared SparkContext.

More than one Application/SparkContext unavoidably implies more than one
JVM process per Worker -- Applications/SparkContexts cannot share JVM
processes.