hi, great thanks to david and ted, I know that the content of RDD can be
returned to driver using 'collect' method.

but my question is:

1. cause we can write any code we like in the function put into 'foreach',
so what happened when we actually write a 'return' sentence in the foreach
function?
2. as the photo shows bellow, the content of RDD doesn't change after
foreach function, why?
3. I feel a little confused about the 'foreach' method, it should be an
'action', right? cause it return nothing. or is there any best practice of
the 'foreach' funtion? or can some one put your code snippet when using
'foreach' method in your application, that would be awesome.

great thanks again

​

--